Sunday, November 18, 2012

Homemade Lasagna + Workout Schedule

What a beautiful weekend we had this week! I love these cool temps at night and warm during the day! It was 57 today-- perfect running temp! I felt super motivated to run today, considering all the comfort food I ate the last few days! The nutrition and diet plan went well until Friday. Friday we had an office potluck, and while I did fill up on plenty of veggies, I also couldn't resist potato chips, taco dip, and a piece of pumpkin pie! (Can you say, "food coma"?! ha!) Despite SWEARING I would never eat again... I had Mexican food Friday night. I do pretty well with that-- tilapia tacos with no cheese, and not TOO many chips, but I did splurge on cheese dip and had a margarita. YIPES!

Saturday was better, though I did make homemade lasagna for dinner. It's not a horrible nightmare, but it is def not low-cal. UPDATE! This is not as bad as I thought! Only 600 calories for 1/10 of the dish. That's a HUGE serving. To control the calories, eat with a salad, and have a smaller portion! 1/8 of the dish has 483 calories. Not bad at all! It was a lot of work but absolutely DELISH! I even made the sauce from scratch! :) Here are some shots of the yumminess.

Fresh from the oven!

A huge slice! 

Yeah... maybe should have halfed the recipe... :)

ANYWAY, workouts for the week went great! Here's what I did:

Monday was Turbo, per usual! Once again did it HIIT-style with Turbo's after each section. LOVE it! 

Tuesday I got up at 5:15 to go for a run! I ran just under 3 miles, and it was amazing! It was cold-- about 27 degrees, but I warmed up after about 3/4 mile. I had forgotten how much I prefer cool-weather running as opposed to summer running! 
I wore my Lululemon Groove pants, my Flash long-sleeve Swiftly with a Flash Power Y underneath, and ear warmers.

Tuesday night was PiYo at Refinery. They are such hard-workers, I love it! Great class, kicked my booty! 

Wednesday I taught PiYo at the Y! I love this class because I have such a wide range of people, from beginners, to advanced. Lots of options and super fun! :)

I wore some pinstripe Clam Diggers, and my white Scoop Me Up tank. :)

Thursday I rested.

Friday morning (in preparation for the office potluck), I got up and did TurboFire HIIT 30. This workout is AMAZING! It was my first time doing it, and it kicked my booty! I love that it's SO intense, but short! 

Saturday was double PiYo day! I felt really exhausted during these classes, for some reason. It was probably because I forgot to eat breakfast (OOPS!) until after my first class. But I made it through and finished with some R&R b/c I knew I'd be super sore if I didn't. 

I wore my black Clam Diggers and Pow Pink Scoop Me Up tank. :)

Sundays are my "whatever I want" days, so I took advantage of the weather, and went for a long, slow run. I did four miles at an easy pace, and allowed myself a couple of short walking breaks. It felt good. :) 

I wore my Lululemon run skirt (dunno what it's called), and my Flash Swiftly again. Perfect for this temp!

Next week is Thanksgiving, so I expect the diet plan will not be the best, but here is the workout plan!

Monday: TurboKick at Evolve
Tuesday: Run 3 miles, PiYo at Refinery
Wednesday: TurboFire HIIT 20 (maybe), PiYo at Refinery (added an extra cardio workout here, depends on how my legs feel)
Thursday: Special TurboKick class at Refinery at 8am. Team teaching with Colleen, Secily, and Danielle-- can't wait!! :)
Friday: Rest
Saturday and Sunday: TBA. Probably TurboFire, and possibly a run since I'll be at my mom's out in the country.

What are you plans for Thanksgiving? Are you working out Thursday? Do you try to "be good" for Thanksgiving dinner or just go all out? Share!! 

Happy Thanksgiving to you, friends! :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment