Friday, September 12, 2014

Recap + Weekend (Yay!)

Happy happy Friday, friends! I'm so happy the weekend is (almost) here. For some reason, this week has seemed sooo long. I am excited for fall weather this weekend, and to do typical fall things like make chili and drink pumpkin spice lattes. ;)

I found this at Schnucks, and I was way too excited! Mmmm!
So, the week's fitness and food has been pretty great, especially fitness! Here's what I did: 

Backing up to Saturday, I taught PiYo twice, the first time I've done Lesson 35 back to back. It was awful/great. SO f'n hard. I absolutely LOVE this workout, though, and I LOVE my playlist, so it was mostly awesome! :)

I wore my stripe Wunder Under crops, and my black No Limits tank. I couldn't be without SOME pink, so I wore a pink headband. ;)
Saturday afternoon, I definitely needed a nap. We ended up going out for some drinks Saturday evening, so I was very glad I had gotten some sleep earlier in the day!

Sunday I went to my first hot yoga class of the season! (I can't stand to do hot yoga in the summer.) It was SCORCHING hot, I think around 100 degrees, in the studio, and the workout was AHHH-mazing! I don't think I have ever been that sweaty before. (Seriously.) It was glorious! 

I wore these new-to-me Paris Pink Wunder Under crops and my matching No Limits tank. This was a perfect functional outfit for hot yoga. I didn't have to do much adjusting or think about my clothes much at all.
Monday was Turbo, per usual. I taught an old school Round 36, which is one of my absolute favorites. It's amazing how much Turbo has changed over the years, but I still love this one! So much core work! It was really fun!

Tuesday I taught PiYo, and I was SO sore from Monday's Turbo, my abs were screaming! We did Lesson 35, which my class is ROCKING, and it's SO hard, I absolutely love it!

Did my yoga pose of the day after class and got this cool shot!
Wednesday I got up early and ran two miles, HIIT-style. I did 1-minute sprints, followed by 1-minute of walking. It goes by so fast that way! I also taught PiYo in the evening. WHEW!

It was a great run!

Thursday I ran again, 4 miles at a pretty easy pace, and did some stretchy yoga when I got home. I jammed to some awesome tunes, so it was fun!

I wore my Lulu run crops and this fun top from Fabletics!
Today (Friday) is my REST DAY, and I am so glad! I really need it. :)

Next week will probably be more of the same! When the weather is cool, I really get excited about running!

Here's what I have planned:

Saturday: Double PiYo
Sunday: Hot yoga
Monday: Turbo!
Tuesday: PiYo
Wednesday: HIIT run (20 mins) or RIPPED + PiYo
Thursday: 4-mile run, easy yoga
Friday: REST

I am so excited hot yoga has started again and looking forward to more focus on that! What about you? What's your plan for the weekend? Got any good workouts on deck?! Tell me!

Have a wonderful weekend! 

Cheers!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment