Monday, July 14, 2014

Last Week's Recap + The Week Ahead!

Hello, my dears! Happy Monday! I'm not going to lie, Monday mornings are always pretty rough for me... I tend to stay up too late on Sundays, and then well, it's Monday. I'm super excited for the week ahead, and for next weekend, though, so that definitely eased the sting a little! 

I had a pretty good week of workouts last week! Here's what I did!

Monday was TURBO day, and I had some new clothes I got for my birthday, so that made it even more fun! I love Round 59, and we did FOUR Turbo drills, so that was pretty nuts! Super fun, though! :)


I wore my new Wunder Under Roll Down Crops (LOVE!), my pink stripe Cool Racerback, both from Lululemon, and my new pink Nike Free crosstrainers (also LOVE!)


Aren't they beautiful?
Tuesday I taught PiYo, and we are doing a new Lesson (34), which I LOVE! It's such a total-body butt-kicker! I am always drenched and shaky after! Love that I can get it all done in 1 hour. (P.S. Did you know you can now do PiYo at HOME? Check it out here.) My class also worked super hard, which is just so motivating! 


I wore my new Wunder Unders again (don't judge me!) my parallel stripe Energy bra (both from lululemon) and my new neon yellow tank from Underarmour. I also did a handstand! YAY!
Wednesday the weather was AMAZING, so I hurried out after work to get a quick run in before PiYo! 

I wore my new awesome UA hat to keep the sun out of my eyes! Love it!

This is super fast for me!
PiYo was awesome, as always, though I don't usually teach the same Lesson twice in a row. Since this one is new, I did, and I definitely prefer not to do that!

Thursday I rested

Friday I got up early and went for a 3-mile run. It was lovely to run in the quiet with no traffic and just me and the birdies. :)


This is also really fast for me, at 5:45am! :)
Saturday was double PiYo day. This is really hard for me with this new Lesson. I definitely need some R&R afterwards! After this week, I will go back to switching up the routines we do for each class. 

When I got up, it was thundering and raining, and I did NOT wanna! Thank goodness it's my job. ;) I figured no one would even be there, but I walked at 7am in to a class of like 15! Crazy early birds! :) It was really fun, and really kept my energy up! The storm got worse, so the 8am class was pretty sparse compared to its usual size (I think we had 8). Those 8 were troopers for braving the rain, though, and we had another great workout!

Sunday I had planned to run, but Rowan and I went grocery shopping, and went to several home improvement stores looking for a new gas grill, and by the time we finished all that, I was hot, sweaty, and tired, so I just ended up resting. I am thinking maybe Sunday needs to be my new rest day, since double PiYo Saturday is really kicking my ass! We'll see. 

Here's what I have planned for this week!

Monday: Turbo + catchup on my yoga challenge poses (I'm like 5 days behind)
Tuesday:  run 2-3 miles + PiYo
Wednesday: PiYo 
Thursday: rest or run 3 miles + long stretch
Friday: rest or run 3 miles + long stretch
Saturday: double PiYo!
Sunday: Slllooowww run/walk + yoga, or rest. (this will all depend on how I feel)

For meals this week, I have tried to make it easy for myself to stay on track! (Not counting the cookies that remain from my baking frenzy yesterday! hehe)

For lunch, I have 4 taco salads (I do not get sick of taco salad. Ever.) and I'll order a sandwich one day. 

For supper, we will have jambalaya, salad with grilled peaches and steak or chicken (both courtesy of Hello Fresh), tacos from Maize, and breakfast for dinner. I still owe you that Hello Fresh review, too! Soon! :)

I cannot believe July is half over! Where is this summer going?! What do you lovelies have planned for meals and workouts this week?  

Chat with you soon! Thanks for reading! 

xoxo,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment