Monday, September 16, 2013

Workout Schedule and Meal Plan

Happy Monday, fitness friends! How is your Monday going? Mine seems to be passing very slowly, but I guess it's just one of THOSE days! Anyway, I'm back to post my workout schedule and meal plan, and create some accountability for myself (and you if you want it!) I want to add in a Tabata workout or two, and get back into more of a yoga routine, so I'm trying to fit that in!

Monday (today) I will teach my Turbo HIIT class. Just in review, this class is 45 minutes long. The format is HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) so we typically warmup for 5 minutes or so, then do 2-2.5 minute high intensity drills ("Turbos") followed by 1.5-2 minutes of recovery, repeated 5 more times. This takes up about 30 minutes or so. Then we finish with about 5 minutes of core work, cool down, stretch, and done! It's one of my fave classes, and HIIT workouts are so great!

I would like to do some yoga this evening after Turbo, but just a pose or two-- I will likely practice a couple of headstands. :)

Tuesday I will get up early to run 3-4 miles, depending on how I feel. Then PiYo after work, and hopefully a bike ride with Rowan!

Wednesday is also PiYo day. I'd also like to practice Crow and Side Crow.

Thursday, if I feel up to it, I'll do a lifting workout in the morning, and then Turbo Kick after work.

Friday-- rest!

Saturday is PiYo, plus a Tabata or two.

Sunday is TBA. Options are running, biking, yoga (for sure some kinda yoga), weights, T25... we shall see!

Here are the meals I have planned:

Lunches are salads with some combo of boiled eggs, feta, local grape tomatoes, green onions, sunflower seeds, "bacos," grapes, and homemade ranch dressing. I'll also have a serving of chips or popcorn and a honey crisp apple (mmmm!)

Suppers I have planned:
--> Maize Mexican takeout
--> Grilled cheese and soup with baked fries
--> Spaghetti with garlic bread and salad
--> Baked chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and cauliflower or corn

This time of year I really start craving chili, so I will make some of that later in the week or over the weekend!

Have a great week, and post your workout below for accountability! I got you! :)

xoxo
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment