Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wine + Blogging. :)

Happy Sunday, fitness friends! I'm enjoying a glass of wine while I write this, so that makes me happy. :)

Did you have a good week? Hope you got some time to relax and recharge this weekend! I had a busy beginning of weekend, followed by a relaxing Saturday/Sunday. I was out of town for a conference Thursday night and Friday night, so those were busy days, but the rest of the weekend was pretty low key. I have to admit that partly b/c of the conference, I ate pretty horribly the last few days. I also felt pretty horrible b/c of it. I am sure a few vodka/sodas didn't help either. ;)

 Cheers!
I was mostly back on track today-- had some pizza for dinner, but also had salad, and otherwise feeling good. Tomorrow is a new day!
My workouts for the week were pretty good, though I missed a couple. Here's what I did:

Monday and Tuesday are in last week's blog!

Wednesday I taught PiYo at the Y. I was feeling really tired and not up for a Tabata on Wednesday as planned, so I just stuck with PiYo.  Trust me, it was plenty. :)

I wore my Pinkelicious Practice Freely tank and my new sea check plum Speed Shorts. These were not the best for PiYo but they were new and SO stinkin' cute, I could not resist! 
 
Thursday, I had a sub for Turbo, since I was traveling right after work, so I got up early (SO didn't wanna!) and ran 2.5 miles. I just love early morning runs, followed by a hot cup of coffee, and a muffin or toast. Heaven! :)

 I wore the sea check Speeds again (don't judge me) with my black short-sleeved Swiftly.

Friday I rested

Saturday I rested/napped a LOT.

Sunday (today) I got up around 8 and went for a 3-mile run. Perfect weather! My legs were tired and my ankles hurt a bit, but once I got in a rhythm, it went by fast! 

I wore my Pretty Pink Speed Shorts and my black short-sleeve Swiftly.

This afternoon was the Launch at the Y, so I went and taught 30 minutes of PiYo and 30 minutes of Turbo. I had planned to do a little lifting in between there, since I missed Thursday, but it didn't work out. Next week it is! :) It was GREAT introducing some newbies to Turbo and PiYo! Hopefully I got 'em hooked! :)

All in all, a great week of workouts, though my arms are craving a good lift! 

Here's my plan for next week:

Monday: Turbo Round 57 at Refinery-- Launch Day! Team teaching, high energy, and lots of neon!
Tuesday: 4-mile run, PiYo at Refinery.
Wednesday: 8-minute Tabata workout, PiYo at the Y.
Thursday: Early morning lift, Turbo Kick at the Y (all of Round 57!)
Friday: Rest. (or swap with Sunday)
Saturday: PiYo at the Y, some solo yoga practice.
Sunday: TBD-- mostly likely 4-mile run and yoga. (or swap with Friday)

I am really struggling with overeating at supper time, so this week, I am trying something new. Here's what I have planned for meals:

Breakfasts will be egg muffins (recipe tomorrow!)  and pumpkin muffin/toast/banana bread/whichever carb I feel like. 

Lunches are salads, per usual, with green onion, cherry tomatoes, homemade ranch, toasted walnuts, and either chicken or canned crab meat. Chips and an apple on the side. 

Suppers:
Pot pies with salad
Maize Mexican takeout
"Tapas" at home-- butternut squash risotto, a couple kinds of cheese, grapes, bread with olive oil
Homemade broccoli cheddar soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

Snacks will be Shakeology.

I am hoping that by moving my Shakeology to late afternoon, I will be able to finish my classes without feeling STARVING, so hopefully it'll be easier to cut back on calories at supper!

That's my plan, and I'm stickin' to it!

Have a wonderful Monday, all!

xoxo
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment