Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekly Plan!

Hello, fitness friends! Happy Tuesday! It's a beautiful sunny day today, and I am feeling great! I had a great week of workouts last week, and so far this week is off to a pretty good start as well! Here's what I've done since we last chatted:

Monday was Turbo, per usual! These HIIT workouts leave me winded for forever, I swear! Absolutely love this class and their dedication, though!

Tuesday I did PiYo with my lovely Refinery PiYogis. The group this week was pretty small, but that meant we had time to do a little extra WORK! You can see us in action here! :)

Wednesday I had planned to get up and run before work, but I didn't sleep well the night before, so it just didn't happen. I had a long day of driving for work, but I got home a little early and had time to take a nap, and fit in a Tabata workout before my PiYo class at the Y. I was pooped by the end of the night!

I wore my plum American Eagle Performance crops (LOVE!) and my grey striped Free to Be tank.

Thursday I got up early (YAY!) and did a full body lift workout. It was short, but intense. Here's what I did:

Bicep curls with sumo squats-- 15 pound dumbbells
Overhead triceps extension-- 20 pound dumbbell
Reverse lunge with toe tap-- 25 pound dumbbells
Chest flies-- 25 pound dumbbells (this was too heavy, should've just done 20)
Dead lift with row-- 25 pound dumbbells

Next week, I'm going to bump up the 25-pound exercises to 30. I know my muscles can handle that much; the problem is that my hands get tired before my muscles fail. Building up strength there, too, I suppose!

After work, I taught Turbo at the Y. Smaller group this week, and I had some technical difficulties, BUT! we still had a blast and burned several hundred calories. :)

Friday I rested. Much needed.

Saturday I taught PiYo at the Y. This group at 8am on a Saturday just warms my heart. So dedicated, and so energetic, ESPECIALLY for that early in the morning!

I wore my Raspberry Glo Clam Diggers, my grey Power Y tank, and my Pink Shell Forme jacket for to-and-from. Love this outfit!

Sunday I ran 2 miles and went to Power Yoga at Refinery. I have a new headstand variation to work on now-- YAY! Loved this class!


For my run, I wore my Frangipani Parfait Pink Speed shorts, and my black short-sleeved Swiftly.
To run errands, I threw on this cute new pullover I got from Victoria's Secret. So cozy!

 For yoga, I wore my black and Pink Shell Gather and Crow crops, and my Run for Ice Cream tank I got from Honu Yoga.

Monday (yesterday) I Turbo'd as always! I switched things up a little bit this time and we did a shorter HIIT, plus a Finale, and finished with one last Turbo. I'm pretty sure I crawled out the door. :)

 I wore my hot pink Midi shorts from AE, my black No Limits, and my new pullover for to-and-from.
 
This morning (Tuesday) I went for a 4-mile run (GO ME!). I got to go a little later since I didn't have court until later in the morning, so that was kind of nice.  Plus, then I had time for a muffin (or, 2 muffins) and coffee aftewards! The weather this morning was AH-mazing, PERFECT for running! I wasn't even trying to go fast and managed to maintain an average 10:20 mile. Fast for me! :)
 
PiYo after work! 

Here's what I have planned for the rest of the week:

Monday: Turbo HIIT
Tuesday: 3-4 mile run, PiYo
Wednesday: Tabata workout (8mins), PiYo
Thursday: Early morning run (3 miles)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: run/yoga/TBD
Sunday: LAUNCH at the Y (30 mins PiYo/30 mins Turbo), full-body lift.

Meals are pretty much the same as always this week. I am focusing my plan on eating LESS for SUPPER. I am STARVING by the time I get home from the gym, so i need to work on exercising a little more self control at that point! Otherwise, sticking with the usual!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment