Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Funday!

I just love Sundays! This Sunday was so enjoyable, I wish I could rewind and do it all over again! I didn't do anything exciting-- just a great, relaxing but productive way to end the weekend and start Monday. I slept in til about 8:30, and since it is SO CRAZY nice out, I went for a run right away, and then did my first Tabata workout afterwards (more about that later). Grocery shopped, went to power yoga, watched TV, drank coffee, snuggled with kitties, watched (or, "watched") a little football, had Thai food-- just a lot of fun today! :)

So I had a fantastic week of workouts this past week! Here's what I did:

Monday: Turbo HIIT workout! This class has really grown in the past few weeks, and the energy is awesome! I feel like I can jump higher than in other classes. :)

Tuesday I got up and went for a run. I was only planning to go 3 miles, but I felt good, so I ended up going 4. I just LOVE running when it's cooler outside!

After work I taught PiYo at Refinery. We just started Lesson 28, so it's all new and kicks my BOOTY. Left a hot mess!

Wednesday I had PiYo again, at the Y this time. It's so funny how two classes can feel so different. Totally different vibe at each, and I love them both for different reasons! We had so much fun with this Lesson on Wednesday. I had some new people in class, and I think I got them hooked! ;)

Thursday I (somehow) got up early to do a little lifting workout before work. I made up my own and tried to minimize rest. Here's what I did:

Bicep curl with sumo squat
Dead lift with row
Single-leg lunge with a foot tap (puts all the weight on one leg as you come up)
Bench press
Overhead triceps extension

I did 10-12 reps, 3 sets of each. 

After work I taught Turbo Kick at the Y. This is a new class, and it's longer, so we do a more traditional Turbo class. So far, it's going well! We've had 10-15 people each class, and I hope they are becoming Turbo addicts. ;)

I wore my new Love Red Run:Racer shorts from Lulu, and my black Power Y.

Friday morning I woke up stiff and sore. I had thought maybe I'd workout Friday and rest Sunday but that was not happening. Much-needed rest day!

Saturday I taught my 8am PiYo class at the Y.  Love this dedicated early-morning crew! Love starting my weekend off with a kick-butt workout, too! I had noodle-legs walking down the stairs afterwards!


I wore these awesome new crops I got from Body Angel Activewear. They are SO cute, right?! They are also super stretchy, light as air, and stayed put pretty much throughout my class! LOVE them! I paired them with my Pink Shell Free to Be tank.

Today, as I mentioned earlier, I got up and went for a run a little before 9. I had planned to go 3 miles, but my ankles were mysteriously hurty, so I just ended up going 2. Then I decided to try my very first Tabata workout, thanks to some tips from my FB fitness fam! I did the workout below, except I swapped out the jumping jacks for burpees.


10 seconds is not very long to rest! WHEW!


This afternoon, I went to Power Yoga, which was SUPER tough today-- I will definitely be sore tomorrow. However, I got the closest to doing Side Crow as I ever have! 

I haven't been able to stop eating this today:
FREAKING. DELICIOUS! 
 
Next week's plan looks very similar to this week's-- I'll post it and my meal plan for the week tomorrow!
Happy Sunday, and have a wonderful Monday tomorrow!

xoxo
Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment