Monday, July 29, 2013

Is This Really July? {+ Catching Up!}

Happy Monday, friends! I've been slacking on blogging, which is odd b/c I so enjoy it! I guess I just haven't had much of interest to say the last couple weeks!

This weather we've had here in Illinois for the last week or so has been UNBELIEVABLE! Can it really be the end of July! Blue skies, perfect temps-- makes it hard to focus on work when I just want to go outside!

Speaking of hard to focus, I have Florida vacation coming up at the end of next week, so for the next two weeks, I am focusing my diet/nutrition on clean eating and maximizing my workouts. I don't want to lose weight, just want to feel sleek and toned when I get in a bathing suit! I'm going to also REALLY work on drinking more water everyday! There's no better way to beat the bloat!

Since I'm behind, I'm just going to give you a recap of my past week or so!

Last Monday was Turbo, and we did this 45-minute class as a true HIIT workout, with 6 Turbos, and a 1-minute-ish easier cardio section in between each one. It makes the class go by SO fast! We had a pretty big group, and everyone worked so hard! They were great sports about my insistence on high-fives all around after each Turbo, too. ;) So. Much. Fun.

Tuesday I got up early and did T25 Speed 1.0 workout. I don't think I've told you about this workout yet, have I? It's FANTASTIC! 25 minutes of moderate to high intensity, and it gets the job done! I was a sweaty mess afterwards!

I wore my Gap side-tie shorts, and my Nimbus Stripe Track and Train shirt!
 
Tuesday after work was PiYo at Refinery. We're doing a new Lesson, and it's KILLER. There was no mic in the Studio on this day, so that made my teaching feel pretty "off," but it was still a great workout, and the class was super patient. Thanks, guys! ;)

I wore my Raspberry Glo Lite Clam Digger crops, and my Seaside Dot Deep Breath tank. Love how these crops look like they're glowing in this pic! :)

Wednesday I taught PiYo at the Y. Same Lesson, but with a mic, so that was way better. :) A good friend who just got post-baby clearance to workout again made her triumphant return to PiYo so that was exciting and super fun! Great workout!

I wore my Frond Gather and Crow crops, and my Pinkelicious Run: A Mile a Minute tank! So bright! :)
Thursday I rested.

Friday I got up early with the intention of just doing T25 Ab Intervals. (KILLER core workout-- loved it!) After I finished, though, my energy was still high, and I felt I could use some more cardio, so I did Total Body Circuit, which is, in my opinion, the hardest of this month's workouts. I was POOPED by the end. Slurped down some Results and Recovery Formula, and took forEVER to quit sweating so I could get ready for work!

I wore my Pinkelicious Run: A Mile A Minute tank again, and my Frangipani Parfait Pink Run: Speed Shorts! Love this combo. :)

Saturday I got up early and ran before PiYo. Only two miles, but my legs were still tired from Friday's workout, so two was plenty! It was a GORGEOUS morning, and the temperature was perfection! 

Saturday's PiYo class at the Y was absolutely amazing. We had a FULL house-- 28 people, which is a tight squeeze, but everyone was friendly and willing to make room. I so appreciate these PiYogis and their high energy and smiling, hard-working faces! Such a great workout, and such a fun class!

  


I didn't get a pic of my workout outfit, but here's what I wore for my running about, and to post my daily yoga pose. Shorts are from Express, top is from Abercrombie and Fitch. One of my favorite summer outfits!

Sunday I had intended to do T25 Cardio or maybe some lifting, but I was traveling, and it just didn't work out. So I rested again instead. 

Here's my workout schedule for the upcoming week:

Monday: Turbo HIIT workout (45 minutes).
Tuesday: Early morning T25 workout OR run + PiYo.
Wednesday: Early morning T25 workout OR run (depends on Tuesday) + PiYo.
Thursday: Upper body lift + TurboKick (60 minutes)
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: Early morning run + PiYo.
Sunday: T25? Lift? Run? TBD!

I'm pretty excited about this week's workouts! I wasn't planning to run hardly at all once I started T25, but these amazing temperatures in the morning are too good to pass up!

Here's my meal plan for the upcoming week as well:
Lunches:
Salads with:
  • Garlic seasoned ground organic turkey
  • Organic feta
  • Chopped green onions
  • Sliced strawberries
  • Fake bacon bits
  • Homemade Ranch
Chips and salsa or hummus
Apple

Suppers:
Chicken breast with herbs, rice pilaf, and spahgetti squash
Pasta with marinara, garlic bread
Breakfast-for-dinner (scrambled eggs, baked hash browns, toast or waffles)
Tacos with Quorn meatless grounds

The good news is I have all my food prep for lunches done, so grabbing my salads will be easy peasy in the mornings! :)

I'd love to hear your plan for the upcoming week as well! What are you workouts? What are you eating?

Have a great week!
xoxo
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment