Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello, June!

Hellooo, and Happy Monday (ugh, haha)! I can't believe it's already June! This year is flying by! Did you all have a good weekend? I'm so thankful it's sunny today, even if I feel I could use an extra weekend day or two. :)

I had a great week last week, with both workouts and nutrition! My daily salads make such a huge difference on how I feel throughout the day. My workouts are better, and it's easier to stay on track at dinner as well. 

Here's my recap of last week's workouts!

See last week's blog for Monday!

Tuesday I taught PiYo at Refinery. I had a big class, super energetic and fun! We didn't have to stop much for previewing, so we got through a lot, and I was SO SWEATY by the end! I just love this workout! It's strength, it's cardio, it's stretching... all in 60 minutes!

I wore my Pinkelicious Speed Shorts, black Deep Breath tank, and pink stripe bra from VS to match. :)

Wednesday I got up early for a 5k run. It was a fabulous run! So pretty and quiet-- just me and the birds. :)
I wore my Pink Shell Run:Chase Me skirt, and black Deep Breath tank again. 
 
Wednesday evening I taught PiYo again, at the Y. Another big class, and awesome sweat! Often on Wednesdays, I feel tired and a bit sore from Tuesday, but this class always pumps me up! They are so much fun! <3 
I wore my Power Purple Gather and Crow crops and my Pink Shell stripe Free to Be tank. One of my favorite outfits!
 
Thursday I rested.
Friday I got up early and did TurboFire HIIT 15. OMG, so intense! I forget how intense these HIITs are-- it's 15 minutes for a REASON! Whew! It felt awesome, though!

After work Friday, I went to Happy Hour Hot Flow yoga with a couple of friends. It was SUPER hot in the studio and it felt awesome! I had a great practice-- what a perfect way to start the weekend! 

I wore my black Clam Digger crops and my Flash Scoop neck tank! 
 
Saturday I got up early, and ran 2 miles before PiYo. This was ROUGH, as my legs and booty were sore from Friday, plus, it's always hard to get up early on a Saturday! But I wanted to get it done, and I was glad I did. :)  After the run was PiYo at the Y. My legs slightly regretted the run during the Flow section, but it was worth it!! 

I sore my gray and cream Free to Be tank and my charcoal shorts from Gap. Kitty photobomber. :)
 
This is my fave casual look for summer this year, and what I wore to visit family Saturday evening! 
 
Sunday I did a fast-paced Ashtanga yoga class from YogaGlo. I LOVE this website. Unlimited yoga classes for $18/mo... and you can do them on your own schedule! Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a live yoga class, but let's face it-- sometimes we just can't make it. The class was a little TOO fast for me, actually, but it was a great workout and a great challenge! I was glad I fit it in. 
Afterwards I practiced some of the yoga poses for two Instagram challenges I am trying for June!

 Side Plank for #YogaInSpace
 Downdog for #YogaInSpace
 Tiptoe Pose for #Dharmayogachallenge
Supported headstand variation for #DharmaYogaChallenge. 
 
I'm a little daunted by the Dharma Yoga Challenge, as I think it might be too advanced for me, BUT, I'm going to give it a try, and we will see! 

Here are the workouts I have planned for the week:

Today: 45-minute Turbo HIIT workout at Refinery, little yoga.
Tuesday: EARLY morning run (3 miles) and PiYo at Refinery. Maybe a little yoga.
Wednesday: Subbing a lower-intensity Turbo class for Sh'Bam at the Y, PiYo.
Thursday: 60-minute Turbo and some yoga. 
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: Early run (2-3 miles) and PiYo at the Y.
Sunday: Some kind of light cardio, yoga.

And, meal plan!

Lunches will be salads with cucumber, tomato, strawberries, celery, feta, sunflower seeds, and a salmon burger crumbled on top. Chips and apple on the side. 
 
I did all the meal prep last night, so it'll be easy to throw everything together each day! 

Dinners:
> Quorn "chicken" nuggets with mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts
> Turkey burgers with baked fries and soup.
> Mexican carry out.
> Tacos with Quorn meatless grounds. 

I am pretty excited about the week ahead! My workouts are a bit much b/c of subbing and trying to fit in that run on Saturday, but if it's too much I'll back off a bit. But hopefully I'll be good!

I hope you've got your plan of attack for the week! If you want some accountability, share it with me, and I'm happy to check in and make sure we're all staying on track!  

Happy Monday, and cheers to your health!

xoxo,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment