Monday, June 17, 2013

Changing Things Up!

Hello, fitness lovers! I hope you had a marvelous weekend! Mine was wonderful, spent mostly at home, running some errands, drinking coffee, working out,and relaxing. Perfection! ;)

My week this week was MUCH better than last! Felt a lot less anxious, and I decided it was time to mix things up with my workouts! I'm adding some lifting back in, especially now that we've been doing the same PiYo Lesson for a few weeks. I may change this up when a Lesson is new-- we'll see. I found a program online that I am using and slightly modifying. It entails two upper-body days, and two lower-body days, but I am going to do just one lower body lift. I may not do any, depending on how I feel mixing that in with crazy-hard PiYo lower body workouts. ANYWAY, it was a great week, and here's what I did:

Monday was Turbo HIIT class, per usual. We did Modulator Finale, which is always a hit! LOVE. THIS. FINALE! I don't think Turbo has had one that compares since then! After class, I did some catch up on yoga poses!



I wore my pink frangipani Speed shorts, and my black Deep Breath tank, plus my new Nikes! (Love these shoes!)

Tuesday I taught PiYo at Refinery. We did an extra Lower Body section, so my legs were dying after this class. Loved it!Worked on some yoga after class!

Here is one of the best Crow poses I've ever done! I wore my pink shell stripe Free to Be tank and my black Clam Digger crops. 
Wednesday I failed at getting up early to run, so after work, I did TurboFire HIIT 20 instead. I am always amazed at how sweaty I get doing a 20-minute workout! LOVE IT!
After that, I taught PiYo at the Y. I had some new people in class, and some regulars, and it was a great energetic group! Awesome workout. :)

I wore my pink shell and black Gather and Crow crops and my pinkelicious Practice Freely tank. One of my fave outfits!
Thursday I (finally!) got up early to run, and I went 3 miles. I felt like I was REALLY slow, b/c my legs were REALLY tired, but actually my pace wasn't too far off my usual, so that was good!
After work Thursday, I started my lifting program! I worry about my shoulder b/c it tends to flare up with overuse, but so far, so good! I did bicep curls, bench presses, tricep presses, rows, and shoulder presses. Three sets of each, 8-12 reps to muscle failure. It was crazy hard, but I was done in about half an hour! Love that!

Friday I rested. And let me tell you, I don't think I could've worked out if you'd paid me. My arms were SO STINKING SORE it was hard to even comb my hair or lift my coffee cup. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it, though. :)

Here is a pic of the fun casual outfit I wore out to dinner Friday night, and a messy bun I was proud I created!

Saturday I taught PiYo at the Y. I was worried I might still be too sore, but it actually helped ease the soreness to work the muscles again. We had a huge class of 21 or 22 people, which is AMAZING to me for a Saturday morning at 8am! Love their dedication!

Today (Sunday) was a CRAZY day... I had agreed to sub for a CXWorx class at Refinery at 4pm, with a 30-minute core-focused PiYo class.  Then I couldn't say no to another sub request for a Combat class (I'd be doing Turbo) at 5:30. So, that left an hour in between to fill. Of course I wasn't just gonna sit around. ;) I did 30 minutes of RIPPED, and then went downstairs and did about 20 minutes of lifting, for a total of about 2.5 hours working out.  YIKES. This pretty ridic, actually, but it was fun, and it was Sunday, so I figured, why not? I drank 2 scoops of Results and Recovery Formula afterwards. Thank goodness for that stuff!


Top pic is my crazy sweaty ponytail after the craziness! I wore my indigo quiet stripe Speeds and my pinkelicious Practice Freely tank. 

Here's my workout plan for the week ahead:
Monday: Turbo HIIT, 45 minutes, Refinery; a little yoga catch-up.
Tuesday: Lower body lift in the morning; PiYo at Refinery. (This will be a test to see how the leg day will work).
Wednesday: Early morning run, unless my legs are dead from Tuesday; PiYo at the Y.
Thursday: Upper body lift; Turbo at Refinery.
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: Short run (2 miles); PiYo at the Y; a little yoga.
Sunday: Upper body lift; a little yoga; the rest TBD.

Here's what I have planned and prepped for meals this week:
Lunches will of course be salads, chips, and an apple. I got ground turkey, boiled eggs, some feta, blueberries, strawberries, shallots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, grapes, and raspberry vinaigrette to go on them this week (not all at once, LOL!)

Here's a pic of one we had for dinner tonight! SO GOOD!

For dinners for the week, I have planned:
-- Tacos with Quorn grounds and homemade taco seasoning
-- Quorn "chicken" nuggets with mashed local potatoes, broccoli, and zucchini
-- Maize Mexican takeout
-- Grilled burgers (turkey for me, beef for Rowan), baked fries, and the same salad as the pic

I have all my meal prepping done, other than crumbling up some feta! I know I'm a broken record, but getting this done on the weekends makes eating healthy through the week SO MUCH easier! If you didn't get it done tonight, do it tomorrow, and help yourself out! It's worth the little extra effort. 

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday, and a great week ahead! 

Cheers!
xoxo,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment