Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer!

Ahhh, it feels like summer time today! I'm not quite ready for the heat + humidity that we had today, but it has mostly been awesome weather this past week! I love shorts season, especially when it's still cool enough to pair them with longer sleeves! I love having coffee on the patio, and eating dinner outside!

I had a pretty good week for nutrition, minus a couple splurges, per usual, and an awesome week of workouts, too! Here's my recap!

Monday was Turbo at Refinery! I had planned to get up early and do some yoga, but I sometimes have trouble sleeping on Sunday nights, so that didn't work out. Turbo was great, though! It's one of those workouts that NEVER gets easy! We did four Turbo's, so HIIT-style, and it was lots of fun. :)

 I wore my quiet stripe Speed Shorts and my Pinkelicious Run: A Mile a Minute tank.


The yoga pose of the day was Pincha (my sad attempt, bottom) but since I can't yet do that one, I did a Supported Headstand with stag legs instead. Pretty proud of how long I was able to hold this off the wall! 

Tuesday morning I got up early and went for a 3-mile run. After work, I taught PiYo at the Y. We did a Full Body Fusion section this time, and WOW, it was killer! The class was mostly my regulars, so we didn't have to pause much between tracks, and I was DYING by the end! I loved it. :)

For my run, I wore Pinkelicious Speed Shorts and my T-shirt from the Illinois Marathon 10K. This shirt is perfect for morning runs when it's too chilly for a tank top!


For PiYo, I wore my pinkelicious tank again, and my black Boogie shorts.

Wednesday I told myself I was going to get up early and run again. However, when I woke up and stretched my legs out, they said "no, you are not going to run!" haha! I was sooooooo sore from Tuesday's PiYo! I just taught PiYo at the Y, and did the same sections as Tuesday. This was REALLY hard to do as sore as I was.

I wore my black No Limits tank, and power purple Gather and Crow crops (love these!) 
Thursday I rested. I had a half day off work, so I went out for lunch with Rowan, and had a salmon salad (yummy! healthy!)...and a Cosmo, and fried cheese curds (EEK!). THEN, I needed (and took) a nap. It was an awesome day. :)
Friday I fought a mental battle for about 30 minutes in bed before dragging myself up at 5:30 to go run. I only did 2.5 miles, but it was almost 30 minutes, so I felt pretty good about it. :)  After work, I went to Hot Flow Yoga with my friend Serena. I love going to yoga classes with her! However, I was feeling "off" this particular class, plus a woman in class basically pounced and attacked me for forgetting to leave my flip flops outside the studio when I came in to unroll my mat. I was like, GEEZ, calm down, lady! It's not the end of the world! Anyway, it kind of threw me off, and while I tried not to let it affect my practice, I just felt self-conscious and uncomfortable for most of the hour. 

Saturday I taught PiYo at the Y! I was feeling really energetic, and I'm really starting to get this Lesson down, plus I had a group of 16 amazing participants, who really helped push us! So much fun. :)

Today, Sunday, I got up and went for a 2-mile, very brisk walk with my mom and her two dogs. Dang, they sure do walk fast! I felt like it was harder for me than running! It was also really humid and warm already, so I got super sweaty! 

After walking, I did some catch-up for my yoga challenge! 





I wore Pinkelicious Run:A Mile a Minute Tank, and my black and white stripe Speed Shorts. The top stretch was my favorite! The third down was the best I could do for side crow, and then the bottom two were the best I've ever done for regular Crow! I held it longer than ever, and felt my core getting stronger! I love that feeling! 
Here's my workout plan for next week:
Monday: early morning yoga (if I can sleep at a decent hour tonight) + 45-minute Turbo HIIT. 
Tuesday: early morning 3-mile run + PiYo.
Wednesday: early morning 2-mile run + PiYo.
Thursday: 60-minute Turbo.
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: PiYo.
Sunday: 4-mile run (or maybe INSANITY) + Power Yoga.
I will also do my challenge poses each day, or at least most of the days. I still have a few days to catch up on. 
My meal plan is basically the same as  last week, so I wont re-post it all here. I will say, I am SUPER excited for some grilled salmon. Yum Yum! ;)
Here is a pic of my food prep I did today. It doesn't look like much, but with the addition of some salmon, more lettuce (in the fridge), some feta, and salsa, this will feed me for lunch for the week! Yum!
Also, I will probably eliminate having toast most mornings, and just focus on having my shake, except on Tuesday/Wednesday after my run. 

I'm really excited for a long weekend next weekend! i'm hoping to get my bike readied, and do some biking with Rowan! Fingers crossed for nice weather! 

Have you done your prepping for the week! Planning ahead helps me stay on track when things get busy! Feel free to share it below, or post a comment on FB! Accountability will get you through many an "I don't wanna!" :)

Happy Week Ahead, friends!
xoxo,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment