Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day, friends! How has your weekend been? I was pretty disappointed about the rain at first, but it ended up being a wonderful relaxing weekend with Rowan. :)

I had another great week of workouts last week, and stayed on track with my nutrition every day until Friday cheat night! Even then, we ate pretty lightly. I had some spin/artichoke dip, a grilled chicken sandwich, tomato soup, and an apple ale. It was a beautiful evening, so we sat outside-- perfect!

My big cheat this week was actually last night... Rowan made fettuccine Alfredo. It's soooooo amazingly good, worth every calorie! No guilt. :)

Here's my workout recap:

Monday I taught Turbo at Refinery! We did the usual HIIT-style workout, with FOUR Turbo's, and did the Finale at the end. OMG. I died! I was so thankful for Results and Recovery Formula after class! It was just what I needed. (If you're interested in this product, let me know!)

I wore my inkwell Speed shorts and my Flash Scoop tank! I LOVE this color!!! LOVE! :)
Tuesday I got up early and went for a 2 mile run. I had intended to go 3, but I didn't get up in time. ha! After my run, I did a couple yoga poses along with my post-run stretch!
I felt like my back was sooo arched in this pose... then I looked at my poor lil bend, and I had to laugh! :)
I wore my Flash Scoop tank again, and my black Chase Me skirt! 
Tuesday evening I taught PiYo at Refinery! We had a huge class, and everyone worked so hard and had so much energy!!! I was POOPED by the end!
I wore my side-tie Gap shorts, and my Pink Shell stripe Free to Be tank! One of my favorite outfits. :)
Wednesday I taught PiYo at the Y, and I was SO SORE from Tuesday, I wasn't sure how I was going to get through it. THEN, the class was super energetic and wanted to do an extra section (we had time, since the class after ours was canceled), so I did not get to take it easy as I had planned. I was TOAST afterwards, but it was AWESOME!! :)
I wore my new Pinkelicious Practice Freely tank with my black Zella capris! 
The pose of the day was Child's Pose. Ahhhhh! 
Thursday I taught Turbo at Refinery. I had spent most of my day driving to a deposition, so I was in NEED of some movement! Turbo was perfect! It was a lot of fun, and kicked my BOOTY. Once again, I chugged down my Results and Recovery Formula after! So much fun. :)

I wore my Pinkelicious Practice Freely again, and my black and white stripe Speed Shorts. This tank is awesome-- highly recommend! 
Friday I rested. I was super sore, and super excited for a rest day! :)
Saturday I taught PiYo at the Y. Another big class, full of energy! We had a lot of fun, and per usual, my legs and booty were NOODLES at the end! This workout NEVER gets old! I don't think you ever really hit a plateau with PiYo! It's always evolving, always doing something different! :)

I wore my Pinkelicious Speed Shorts and my black No Limits Tank!
Sunday I went to Power Yoga at the Y. I was feeling very lazy and didn't want to, but I was SO glad I did. If you think yoga is "ho hum" something you do on your rest days, you've never done a true Power Yoga class. I was shaking and sweating by the end! Awesome class! 




I did some yoga practice at home afterwards. Couldn't stick the handstand, but I sure had a lot of fun practicing it! Finished with Crow b/c it makes me happy I can do Crow now! I'm wearing my Boogie shorts, Pinkelicious Practice Freely, and my Pink Shell Forme jacket. 
Today (Monday) I went for a 4-mile run. I know that long, slow cardio is "out" in today's fitness community and HIIT cardio is much more effective for calorie burn. However, there is nothing like a long easy run to make me feel amazing. I can't/won't give those up, and you shouldn't do HIIT workouts every day anyway. :)
After my run, I worked on a couple yoga poses for the Instagram Challenge I'm doing! 



I wore my Quiet Stripe Speed Shorts, and my Pinkelicious Run: A Mile a Minute Tank! I got photo-bombed trying this yoga pose, and then I nailed it! I was so excited I could do this! It's called Baby Grasshopper. :)
I love getting in a little yoga each day! Some days I just "don't wanna," but I never regret fitting it in! 
Here's my plan for the rest of this week:
  • Tuesday: early morning run (3 miles) and PiYo at Refinery + yoga.
  • Wednesday: PiYo at the Y.
  • Thursday: Not sure... maybe TurboFire, maybe INSANITY, maybe Cycling at Refinery. TBD! :) A little yoga for sure.
  • Friday: Rest or early morning run + yoga.
  • Saturday: PiYo.
  • Sunday: Rest, or run + Power Yoga (probably will rest, as I am going out of town, and don't think I'll be back in time.)
For meals this week, here's what I am doing: 

Lunches will be salads with organic ground turkey, tomatoes from the farmers market (YAY!), cucumber, celery, feta, and a new raspberry vinaigrette I am trying! Always chips/salsa and an apple on the side. :)

Dinners:
  • Organic turkey burgers, baked fries, soup
  • Tacos with Quorn meatless grounds
  • Quorn "chicken" nuggets, mashed potatoes, and brussels sprouts
Tonight we will have Mexican. :)

I so wish every weekend could be a three-day weekend! I think I'd happily work 4 ten-hour shifts and have Mondays off work every week! How about you?

Remember, do your food prep before you go to bed-- make your life a little easier in the morning-- make eating healthy the easiest option so you're not tempted to grab something processed!

Cheers, and have a wonderful (short!) week!
xoxo,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment