Monday, April 15, 2013

Welcome, Spring!

Ahh, what a beautiful Sunday this was! Windy, but otherwise perfect weather! Did you get out and enjoy it? I had windows open all day, sunroof open in the car-- wonderful!

My week of workouts was another great one! Nutrition was pretty on-track as well, other than some pizza last night and today (leftovers)!

Here's my weekly accountability recap!

Monday was Turbo, of course, and the class was SUPER energetic this week! I don't know how they bring it so much on a Monday, but I am sure glad they do! They pump up my energy, as much as I try to increase theirs!

I wore my Paris Pink and camo Speed shorts, and my white VSX tank. This is my feeble attempt at Crow after Turbo. I was tired, and still sweaty, plus feeling slippery from tanning lotion, so this was not a good night for my yoga practice. Cut my losses, ad moved on! 
Tuesday I got up early for a run, since the weather was super warm-- I didn't want to miss out! I did three miles! YAY! It felt great.
I wore my Run: Chase Me skirt, and my Rise & Shine Pullover. Best running outfit ever! I don't even have to use Body Glide with this skirt-- no ride up at all! 
After work I taught PiYo at Refinery. We did a Power track, which had me (and hopefully the class, too) dripping sweat! After the Disco Dancer vinyasa track, I had puddles on my mat. Heehee, you know I love it! 
I wore my frond Gather & Crow crops, and my Flash Power Y, with Flash Swiftly for to-and-from (and yoga). I can't remember the name of this pose, but it was a great stretch for my back! I really liked it. 

Wednesday I taught PiYo again, at the Y. It seemed like a slow night at the gym, and our class was a lot smaller than usual, with everyone experienced PiYogis.  So, while I do LOVE a big class, I took advantage of the smaller size and experience of the participants to really push them (and me). We did the usual Lesson, but also added Power AND Balance at the end. It was INTENSE, and so much fun! Very few breaks, and we really pushed! 

I wore my Gap drawstring shorts, and my black No Limits tank.
This wide-legged Forward Fold with the shoulder opening felt amazing too! I have super tight shoulders, so I'm loving the progress I see in my arms here! 

Thursday I taught TurboKick at Refinery! WOW. We did a full Round (60 minute class)-- including 4 (yes, FOUR!) Turbos, plus Modulator Finale. Sweaty nirvana (as my Twinnie Kourtney would say!) Loved it! 


I wore my black and white striped Speed shorts, my pink VSX Angel bra, and this awesome ballet-back top, also from VSX. After class, I attempted to do Mermaid Pose. It turns out, my hips realy needed this stretch after Turbo! One day I'll get in the full pose. :)
Friday I rested.
Saturday I taught PiYo at the Y! Another great class! We practiced Mermaid Pose at the end, which I love doing-- will probably make that a regular stretch! Normally, I stay after class to do some low-impact cardio, but I had a hair appointment at 10, so I skedaddled right after class. 

I wore my Gap shorts again, and my pink shell and white striped Free to Be tank, with my pink shell Forme jacket for to-and-from. One of my favorite outfits!

Today, Sunday, my plan was to run and then go to Fun Flow yoga. I was lazy this morning, though, so the run didn't happen, but Fun Flow did! WOW, what an amazing class! It worked literally every body part! Super challenging, and maybe the best yoga class I've ever been to! Love!

After class, I thought about running... but my legs were JELLO, so I just took a shower, and then relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the evening with the windows open! Before bed, I took some pics for catch-up with YogaFools!

This is a Bridge variation-- my super tight back and shoulders make these super challenging for me, but I am so happy with my progress! In the full expression of the pose, both legs are extended. I was only able to do one at a time, but I'll take it! 
 
This tripod headstand was a huge breakthrough for me! I have been able to get in the pose before, but this was the first time I've been able to use my core strength to lift my legs, rather than kicking them up using momentum. So exciting!!!! 
 
This was supposed to be a forearm stand, but I couldn't even think about doing that, so I practiced Supported Headstand instead. This was the first time I've been able to get in it! I needed the wall for backup, but I was even able to hover with my feet off the wall for a few seconds! YAY! Love seeing progress and getting stronger!
 
After a fantastic week of workouts, next week has a lot to live up to! Here's the plan:
Monday: TRX training with Jerome at Refinery, followed immediately by Turbo!! 
Tuesday: Early morning 3-mile run (weather permitting), PiYo at Refinery.
Wednesday: Early morning run (if Tuesday didn't work out), PiYo at the Y.
Thursday: Early morning run or early morning TurboFire HIIT (depending on Tuesday and Wednesday).
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: PiYo at the Y, 30 minutes elliptical.
Sunday: Run 4-5 miles, Fun Flow yoga.
 
Here are my meals planned for this week:
 
Lunches:
  • Ginormous salads with ground turkey, avocado, tomatoes, low-fat feta, and HB egg; chips and salsa
  • Leftovers
 Dinners:
  • Mexican takeout from a local grill called Maize (OMG, so good!)
  • "Meat"loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans (didn't ever make this last week)
  • Tomato soup and grilled cheese
  • Organic turkey burgers, oven fries, salad
 Notice a trend with the meals? haha, I am a creature of habit! Makes it so much easier to control what I'm eating if I plan ahead (and always eat the same things, HA!)
 
As always, would love to hear your plan for the upcoming week! Are you working out? What's for lunch? Please share!
 
Have a wonderful Monday, and a wonderful week ahead, fitness friends!
 
Cheers!
Julie
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment