Sunday, April 28, 2013

10K Fun!

Hello, fitness friends! Here we are again... :) Reflecting on the past week and planning for the week ahead is my favorite way to end a weekend. How about you? How was your week?

I had a rough week, actually-- TONS of driving for work, which put me in a grumpy mood and made it hard to stay hydrated and on track with my nutrition. I did okay, though, except for today, when I considered myself on the "see food" diet-- YIKES! OH well, moving on-- tomorrow is another day. :)

Here's my workout recap:

Monday was Turbo at Refinery, and it was SOOOO fun! I had a pretty big group, and their energy always pumps me up on Mondays. We had very few breaks (only short ones between Turbos) and burned 209348572039485723 calories. ;)

I wore possibly my favorite outfit ever-- Pinkelicious Speed shorts and Pink Shell striped Free to Be Tank. So fun! This is a Side Plank variation for Yoga Fools!


Tuesday I ran 3 miles in the morning before I had court.  Tuesday evening was PiYo at Refinery. I just love the combination of running and PiYo. They compliment each other perfectly!

I wore my side tie shorts from Gap and my gray striped Free to Be tank from Lulu!
 
Wednesday I taught PiYo at the Y! I was sore from Tuesday's workouts, so this workout was much needed! Awesome group, too! We did the Power track, per their request, and my legs died! 

Thursday I taught TurboKick at Refinery. After a day of driving (seriously, 7 hours in the car) I was SO in need of this cardio par-tay! I got a few new/old tracks added to the playlist, and had so much fun, my bad mood just disappeared! (Cheesy, but true!)

I wore my Quiet Stripe Speed shorts and my Flash Power Y! One of my fave outfits. 
 
Friday I rested.
Saturday I ran a 10K with the Illinois Marathon! I hadn't really trained too much, other than my usual 3-4 mile runs, but I decided that morning to push myself and see how fast I could finish it. It was so much fun! Lots of friends were racing that day too, and the spectators cheering us on also kept me going. What really pushed me faster, though, was my new fave running song: "My Songs Know What You Did" by Fall Out Boy. I am not a FAll Out Boy fan, but this song is great! I finished the race in 1:01, averaging a 9:58 minute mile. That is fast for me! Yay!

Here are some pics from Race Day:





Top 3: Jana and me pre-race. Adrenaline was pumping! SEcond from bottom: Jana, Casey, and me post-race. Jana and Casey did the half marathon. Rockstars! Bottom: Serena and me.  (I think) this was Serena's first 10K! She did awesome, and looked cute doing it! 
 I wore my Pink Shell Chase Me Skirt, my black stripe Free to Be, and my blush quartz Swiftly. :)
 
Today, Sunday, I caught up on my yoga poses with the Yoga Fools Challenge. I fell off the yoga wagon this week and I missed it! I didn't do nearly enough strength work, so it felt awesome to work my muscles tonight. 
Here is a Supported Headstand variation! For tonight's practice, I wore my Pinkelicious Speed Shorts, and my charcoal and Paris Pink No Limits Tank. 
 
Half Camel Variation-- LOVED this stretch!
 
Warrior 3!
 

Tripod Headstand practice-- I barely had to use the wall/bookshelf! Time to start moving inch by inch away from the wall! IT's such a security blanket, though! Scary to not have it!! 
 
I am excited for the week ahead, and especially excited to Turbo tomorrow and work off the pizza and ice cream I ate this weekend!
This only works to an extent! Self control!
 
Here's the plan:
Monday: (maybe) TRX, plus Turbo at Refinery. Yoga at home.
Tuesday: 3 mile run, PiYo at Refinery.
Wednesday: PiYo at Refinery. Yoga at home.
Thursday: TurboFire HIIT 25 before work. Yoga in our hotel if I can find room. :)
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: PiYo at the Y, run 3 miles, or cardio on the Arc trainer. 
Sunday: Run 4 miles, yoga. 

Meals are essentially the same as last week. For dinners, I'll make turkey burgers one night, baked spaghetti another night, and we'll have Maize Mexican carry out another night. I did spice up my turkey with some cumin and chili powder, this week, though! HA! :)

I have a trip to Chicago for work scheduled for Friday, so I'll be eating out Thursday night, and Friday morning. Must. Have. Self. Control! 
 
The moral of this week for me, was 1) I hate long drives for work; 2) I have definitley become addicted to yoga. I didn't do it much this week, other than PiYo, and I missed it a TON! Need to do it most everyday! 3) My core is getting stronger, and my muscles are showing more definition, which is a huge YAY! I credit this to the increase in yoga in my life, and also to the decrease of carb consumption at lunch and breakfast time. :)
 
All right, friends, I'm off to bed-- as always, would love to hear your workout and/or meal plan for the coming week! Plan it out to stay on track. :)
 
Cheers!
Julie


 
 
 

3 comments: