Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mad About Yoga!

I can't believe it's Sunday night already! This weekend was way too short, and I'm not too happy about the switch to Daylight Savings Time. Not that I don't like it to stay light later-- but I'd rather have light earlier, as I am an early riser (not by choice)! Oh well, I'll adjust eventually!

As the title of today's blog suggests, I am LOVING my #MadAboutYoga Challenge! Yoga is my new "thing," the workout that I look forward to, and the one that is currently pushing me and challenging me to try and master new things! There's something so satisfying about a pose I can't quite get into! I have a few that I'm currently DETERMINED to do! :)

So, here's my recap!

Monday was Turbo! So much energy from this class- we did FOUR Turbos, and they barely broke a sweat! ;) Super fun, HUGE calorie burn!

Monday's yoga pose for #madaboutyoga was Half Lord of the Fishes. Much harder than it looked! But a great stretch! I wore my sparkly blush quartz Speed Shorts, my new pink striped bra from VS (love it!) and a slouchy tank from Forever 21. 

Tuesday I taught PiYo at Refinery. I had some new faces, and of course my usual PiYo Warriors! We did the Power track, which was a lot of fun, and SUPER sweaty! Loved it!
Tuesday I wore my Frond Gather and Crow crops, my Pink Shell striped Free to Be tank, and my Mellow Lemon Rise and Shine Pullover. This pose is Pyramid for the Challenge.

Wednesday I got to the Y a little early, and ran 2 miles on the treadmill. It sure was a long two miles, but I needed the cardio, and was glad I did. :)  Then I taught PiYo. We did a new/old vinayasa track, which is 5:41 of pretty much all vinyasas, and 2093475294375204 chatarungas! Amazing arm workout. I had noodle arms by the end! 

I wore my Pink Shell and black Gather and Crow's, my new VS bra, and my new open-back Tee, also from VS. This pose is called Wild Thing. So much fun! 

Thursday I taught Turbo at Refinery! Monday's class is 45 minutes, but Thursday is an hour, so by the end, I was a sweaty mess, and HELLO! endorphins! It was awesome! 

Thursday's pose was supported headstand. The idea was to get both feet in the air. Obviously, I'm not there yet, but I will be! This is my black Clam Digger crops, my Pink Shell Free to Be tank, and my Mellow Lemon Rise and Shine pullover. :)

Friday I rested.

Saturday I taught PiYo at the Y. We did Lower Body, AND Power, AND Flow, so my legs were NOODLES by the end! I didn't do anything else for that reason. :)

Saturday's pose was Revolved Downward Dog, and I am in love with this pose! Going to have to do it in PiYo! I wore my Gap side-tie shorts, and my grey and Polar Cream Free to Be tank.


Today (Sunday) I ran 3 miles. It was almost 60 degrees, and that was AWESOME, even though it was windy. My shins and ankles hurt a little... not sure what was up with that, but all in all, a great run! 

  My running outfit: Pink Shell Chase Me Skirt (LOVE!) black Power Y, and Mellow Lemon Rise and Shine pullover. 

After my run, I went to a Sunday Funday yoga class called Fun Flow. It was 75 minutes, and it was great! It was very challenging-- several poses that I just caaaaan't quite get! Love that! The only downside, was there was no music, and I missed the music. 
My yoga outfit: Frond Gather and Crows, black Power Y, and Pink Shell Forme jacket. (Rise and Shine was sweaty.)

Today's Challenge pose was Upward Facing Plank. Sooo hard! I love it, though! Another that needs to make an appearance in PiYo. 


Here's my workout plan for next week!
Monday: Turbo at Refinery.
Tuesday: Depending on time, possibly TurboFire HIIT 25 or ChaLEAN Extreme; PiYo at Refinery.
Wednesday: 3 mile run; PiYo at the Y.
Thursday: Rest.
Friday: 3 mile run; Happy Hour Hot Flow at Amara. 
Saturday: PiYo at the Y; 30 minutes of cardio (elliptical or ARC trainer).
Sunday: TBA-- whatever I feel like! Probably cardio, and some yoga!
Plus, #YOGAEVERYDAMNDAY! :)
Other than a pizza binge on Friday, I did pretty well with my nutrition this week! It REALLY helps me to prep my lunches on Sundays so that I can just grab them and go. For example, today I boiled 11 eggs and put them in Tupperware; I browned a pound of organic ground turkey, to put on top of my salads; I crumbled some feta; and I washed and tore up the spring mix for the salads; I also made some "ranch" dip for snacking with carrots. Eating healthy will be easy. :)

Meal plan:

Lunches:
  • Leftover chicken wrap; green beans; hard boiled egg.
  • Salad with ground turkey, sliced almonds, hard-boiled egg, feta, Wholly Guacamole; chips or popcorn. I plan to have this 3 days. 
  • Leftover taco fixin's.
Dinners:
  • Baked spaghetti and salad with copycat Olive Garden dressing.
  • Tacos.
  • Turkey burgers and baked fries and tomato soup.
  • Potato pancakes and scrambled eggs.
Super excited for the week ahead, and love having some new fitness goals! I hope to master that dang supported headstand this week! I will keep you posted!

Please share your workout schedule with me, also! A little accountability goes a long way! 

Cheers to the week ahead!
XOXO,
Julie

4 comments:

  1. What a great week of building more yoga into your life!!! I love it!! PS I love that you are honest with your readers that some things are just harder than others and that you just will keep striving to get there. It is realistic and humbling. Can't wait to see more of your yoga poses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!!!!! Crazy question..WHERE did you get your black shorts with ties on the side??!! so cute!! Great page! salter.kim@gmail.com if you can remember where they are from!! been SEARCHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I am on day 32 of TURBO Fire/Beachbody, and one of the girls on the video ( Ali) wears them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of most equivalent and relaxing skills you can do is to run-through yoga at home. Nothing like attending yoga trainings, learning how to do yoga is a ideal selection of lots of.

    Those who have knowledge of how to do yoga at home can prove to the wonderful benefits it brings. Imagine that feeling of comfort and privacy of being able to manage your own regimen - it’s truly astounding!

    ReplyDelete