Sunday, March 3, 2013

Do What You Love!

So often we get caught up in pushing ourselves, and scheduling our workouts, and getting into a routine, that we forget to make time for things we love! (Well, I don't know if you guys do that... but I know I sure do!) I am a creature of habit, and I am a planner. I like my routine, and I like to have a schedule. However, I've realized lately that I really need to loosen up! I mean that quite literally, and figuratively, as I've been trying to work more yoga into my routine! Yoga is good for the body AND the soul, and there's something so deliciously satisfying about stretching, strengthening, and getting into a pose you didn't know you could do! So, to fit more yoga in, I'm trying to relax, and go with the flow, even though that is pretty much against my nature. ;) But with all these shoulder problems I've been having, I need to mix things up and try to let it heal.

SO, without further ado, here is my recap for the past week!

Monday was Turbo, per usual. This is probably the only good thing about Mondays. HA! I do look forward to this class all day, though, seriously! I had 9 or 10 people this week, and everyone was smiling, energetic, and just made it so fun! We did four Turbos (2-minute anaerobic drills) and I think I continued sweating for 45 minutes after class ended. :) So fun!

Tuesday I didn't do any lifting as I had planned. I think I am going to have to stick to once a week for that, as long as I am still doing so much PiYo (which I have no plans to cut back on!) :)

I taught PiYo at Refinery Tuesday night. We did a new Power track, which is lower body, plus plyometrics, and really gets the heart rate up! We followed it with Flow, which slows back down, and I was DRIPPING by the end! (Also, s/n: while I was doing a Reverse Warrior during the Flow section, something fell from the sky, directly into my eye, and refused to dislodge. Super unpleasant and distracting while trying to teach!) Other than the eye issue, awesome class, awesome workout! :)

Wednesday I got up early and went for a 2.5 mile run. It was cold (SO sick of bundling up!) but felt awesome! My legs were sore from PiYo, but the run helped loosen them up.

Wednesday night was PiYo at the Y! I did the same format as Tuesday-- added in the Power track, and then slowed it down with Flow. Love getting that cardio effect from a mind-body class! Everyone did awesome with the Power track, even though it is SUPER fast! I felt great afterwards!

I wore my Gather and Crow crops and my Pink Shell and white striped Free To Be tank!
 
Thursday I rested.
Friday I got up early enough to squeeze in TurboFire HIIT 20 in the morning. I hadn't done this one in awhile, and I made a conscious effort to push hard-- I lunged down deeper, squatted a little lower, pulled my knees up higher in the jumps, etc. WOWZA! So hard, but so fun!  It was great!

Friday evening I went to Happy Hour Hot Flow Yoga at Amara Yoga in Urbana. This class was amaze-balls! I definitely want to go more frequently! I REALLY want to work more yoga into my routine, so this class will fit in perfectly! 
 
I wore my Frond Gather and Crow crops, my Pink Shell and white striped Free To Be tank, and my Mellow Lemon Rise and Shine Pullover. Come on, SPRING! :)
 
I'm also doing a yoga challenge on Instagram called #MadAboutYoga. It is a new pose to try each day-- I'm loving it so far! Friday was the first day, and the pose was Triangle.
Here it is:
My form needs a little tweaking--another plus of this Challenge, is seeing photos of myself, and noting things I need to work on!
 
Saturday I taught PiYo at the Y, at 8am! Love these dedicated early risers on a Saturday! Sweaty and happy after. :) I also did 30 minutes walking briskly on the treadmill. 
I wore my Frond Gather and Crows again (don't judge me!) and my Pink Shell Cool RacerBack. Saturday's yoga pose was Backbend. My back is so not flexible, so this was tough for me! Pretty proud of how far I got it to bend, though! :)
 
Today I did ChaLEAN Extreme, Burn Circuit 2, my first lifting since my shoulders have been so f***ed up. It went well, and didn't seem to hurt my shoulder at all! It focuses on back, biceps, and triceps, my fave muscle groups to work. :)

I wore my Pink Shell and white striped Free To Be tank and my black Zella Live-in Capris. 
 

Today's pose for the yoga challenge was Tripod pose. I did NOT think I'd be able to do this! It was really fun to work on, and when I got it, I was SO excited! :))))))
 
All in all, I had a great week of workouts! I did things that were fun, out of my comfort zone, and didn't hurt myself! ;)
Here's the plan for next week!

Monday: Turbo!
Tuesday: (maybe) run, 5:30am (if it's not snowing) and PiYo.
Wednesday: TurboFire HIIT 25 and PiYo.
Thursday: Full-body lift and Turbo!
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: PiYo and low-impact cardio of some kind. 
Sunday: Run and flow yoga. 

Here's my meal plan! (P.S. Meal planning for the week is SO much easier if I do the prep on Sundays. Now I can just grab my salad supplies and GO!)

Lunches:
  • Salads with ground turkey, hard boiled eggs, guac, slivered almonds, and homemade ranch; chips or popcorn. I hope to have this at least 3 days.
  • Turkey burger; green beans; chips or popcorn. 
  • Amy's lasagna or enchiladas; green beans.
Snacks:
  • Apples
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Bananas
  • Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packs
Dinners:
  • Turkey burgers and low-sodium tomato soup
  •  Potato pancakes and eggs
  • "Meat"loaf, mashed potatoes, and broccoli
  • Free-range chicken pot pies and salad
I am really excited about both my workouts, and my meal plan for this week! Makes it easy to stay on track!

Remember, it's important to schedule your workouts, but equally important to be flexible, and do things you enjoy! Workout for the joy of it, not just because you have to! :)

Cheers!!!
 XOXO
 





2 comments:

  1. Great job on the yoga!!! I'm so glad you are building more yoga into your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typed a reply to this on my phone, and it never posted apparently.

      THANKS! I love it! :)))

      Delete