Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nobody Likes the Food Police!

Ahhh, another weekend has come and gone! I cherish weekends, don't you? I like my job, but I LOVE weekend downtime even more! I also love my weekend workouts. :)

One thing I observed a lot of this past week was that truly, nobody likes the food police. It's good to eat healthy, and it's good to encourage loved ones to eat healthy, but people make their own choices, and you have to let them! Try to avoid saying things like "that's bad for you," or "are you going to eat ALL that?" Just do you, and encourage where you can! :)

Here's my weekly recap!

On the nutrition front, I stayed on track all week! I splurged a few times over the weekend, but didn't go too crazy. I feel great!

Monday I had Turbo HIIT at Refinery! Forty-five minutes of sweaty fun! It was a fantastic energetic group, and it was an awesome workout, as usual!

I wore my Paris pink and camo Speed Shorts, and my black Scoop tank!
Tuesday morning I woke up early to pump some iron! I did ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 3, which focuses on chest and back. I did a few leg exercises, like sumo squats, as well. It only took me about 20 minutes, so that was nice! 
I wore my blush quartz and bordeaux drama Speed Shorts and my black Scoop tank again. (Isn't this filter fun?!)
Tuesday evening I had PiYo at Refinery! We had a crowd of about 20, and the energy was amazing. I can never even THINK about slacking in this class! :)
I wore my pink shell Cool Racer Back and black/pink shell Gather & Crow crops, and my black tank from Gap.
Wednesday I had PiYo at the Y-- another huge class, and another awesome workout! We did push-ups & planks, and my arms felt like noodles! I pushed myself to do a few extra pushups on my toes! Woo! Loved it! :)
I wore my Gather & Crow crops, and my Pretty Pink No Limits Tank!
Thursday morning I got up early and did ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 1, biceps and triceps-- my favorite arm muscles to workout! This was the end of my month doing the Push Circuit! I'm going to do Burn next, since I am mixing them up! 

I wore my blush quartz Speed Shorts, and my Pow Pink No Limits Tank!

Thursday night was TURBO night again! I was feeling really "off" on Thursday, all day, and Turbo was no different. I just didn't feel like I brought my A-game, though my classes energy kept me going, and I felt a lot better by the end! 
I wore my classic stripe Speed Shorts, pink shell Cool racer Back, and a black tank from Gap over it. (Note: I will NEVER wear this shirt combo for Turbo again-- it rode up horribly the entire hour! Ugh!)
Friday was a much-needed rest day!

Saturday I had PiYo again, at the Y! I LOVE starting my weekend with this workout! Twenty-one people got up early on a Saturday to come sweat with me! This is just so awesome! I can't think of anything more rewarding than sharing such an amazing class with other people, and love seeing other people dedicated enough to begin their weekends working out with me! :)

I wore my black Clam Diggers, my pink shell Cool Racer Back, and a black drapey tank from Forever 21. For to-and-from, I wore my pink shell Forme jacket. 
Today, Sunday, I met my friend Katie at Refinery, and we did a total-body lift (about 40 minutes of various exercises from Burn Circuits 1-3) and an hour-long cycling class. I love doing longer workouts on Sundays, b/c I have all day! It was great! I think 60 minute is a wee bit long for cardio as intense as a spin class, but I just told myself to think of all the extra calories we'd burn! Came home and slugged down some Results and Recovery Formula (thank GOODNESS for this stuff)! 

So, that was my week! Here's my plan for next week!
Workouts:
Monday: Turbo at Refinery, 6pm!
Tuesday: 2-3 mile run, 5:30am and PiYo at Refinery, 5:30pm!
Wednesday: PiYo at the Y, 6:40pm!
Thursday (Valentine's Day!): TurboFire HIIT 20 and ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1 at 5:15am! 
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: PiYo at the Y, 8am.
Sunday: Cardio, and a total-body lift! 

Meal plans:
Lunches:
  • Amy's frozen burrito
  • Amy's frozen tamale
  • Turkey burgers with salad 
  • Turkey burgers with green beans
 Suppers:
  • Tacos with Quorn meatless grounds
  • Vegetarian chili
  • Baked tilapia Alfredo with steamed broccoli
  • Ko Fusion for SUSHI for Valentine's Day!
  • Soup and grilled cheese
That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it! Tell me your workout plan for the week! Do you plan your meals in advance? Please share! 
Remember, lead your loved ones by example this week, but don't be the food police
Cheers to the week ahead! 
XOXO,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment