Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Catching Up!

Helllooo, friends, and happy Tuesday! A change in routine this weekend really threw me for a loop, so I'm catching up on blogging now! Tell me, how was your week of workouts? I really enjoyed mine last week, and am staying pretty well on track with my nutrition as well!

I've learned that if I reduce the carbs I eat at lunch time, my energy stays higher in the afternoons. Turkey burgers have been my new obsession for lunch! I like to crumble them up and eat them in my salad with a little reduced-fat feta, and a 100-calorie pack of Wholly Guacamole, plus cherry tomatoes. Sooooo good!

So, without further ado, here is my week + Monday recap!

Last Monday was Turbo, my 45-minute HIIT class at Refinery. It was our last week with the current routine, so that was fun! I was worried starting out because I had forgotten to use my inhaler, and I tend to have trouble breathing with HIIT workouts when I do that. I didn't have any problems, though! Yay!

I wore my black Deep Breath tank, and my pink shell Chase Me skirt. One of my fave outfits! Love it!
 
Tuesday morning I got up at 5(ish) and did ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1! I left out some of the leg exercises, since I knew I'd be doing a lot of leg work in PiYo Tuesday and Wednesday! Burn 1 focuses on chest and posterior deltoids, which is an odd combo to me, but I felt great afterwards!
 
I wore my blush quartz No Limits tank, and black/pink mist Speed Shorts.

Tuesday night was PiYo at the Refinery! We moved into a bigger studio, which was wonderful! Everyone was able to spread out a little more, and it was much more comfortable. We did pushups AND planks, so my arms were like noodles afterwards! :)
 
Wednesday I ran 3 miles at lunch with my friend, Jana. My legs were feeling SLLLLOWWW at first, but once I got moving, it was great! The temps were perfect, and the sun was shining!

Wednesday night was PiYo again, at the Y. Instead of pushups and planks, we did planks, plus a Fusion track that includes triceps pushups. Also tough!

I wore my sparkle blush quartz Speed Shorts, and my black No Limits tank! Another favorite outfit of the week!

Thursday was Valentine's Day! I wasn't teaching Thursday night, and Rowan and I had dinner reservations at 6:30, so I switched it up and made Thursday my rest day.

Friday mornings are hard ones to get up, especially since I was suffering from a cupcake hangover. However, I had plans Friday night, so I NEEDED to get up and get my workout done early! I managed it, though I was super grumpy all the way up til I pushed play! hehe. I did TurboFire HIIT 15 (hadn't done this one in awhile-- WOWZA!) and ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 2. Burn 2 focuses on biceps and triceps. I skipped some of the leg work again, but did do the sumo squats and the dead lifts. I was EXHAUSTED after this combo, and slurped down my Results and Recovery formula!

I wore my Paris Pink/camo Speed Shorts and my pretty pink No Limits tank, in honor of Valentine's Day. I was feeling strong in this pic!  Flex Friday!
 
Saturday morning was PiYo! We had an amazing group of like 20 people, which I am always so proud of for a Saturday 8am class! Everyone was awesome, and the workout was fantastic! After PiYo, my friends Hanna and Serena and I did 30 minutes on cardio machines while we chatted and gossiped. :)

I wore my Zella Live-In capris and my white Scoop Me Up tank.
 
Sunday Rowan and I had to drive up to Chicago for a seminar on Monday morning, but we didn't have to leave until after noon, so I got a 3-mile run in before brunch. I had some new tunes to listen to, so it was a fun run! 
Yesterday (Monday) was Turbo day again! I had a new playlist, which I will share in a separate post, so I was PUMPED for class! It was a blast! I think I continued sweating for about an hour after we were done! So fun!

Here's my workout plan for the rest of this week:

Tuesday (today): PiYo at Refinery, 5:30pm.
Wednesday: Cardio in the morning (either TF or run, depending on the weather), PiYo at the Y, 6:40pm.
Thursday: ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 3 in the morning, Turbo at Refinery, 6:30pm.
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: TBA. A tentative work commitment for Friday means that I may be out of town Saturday morning, so I have a sub scheduled for PiYo. If so, I will probably go for a run. Otherwise, I will teach PiYo at 8am, then do some cardio on the elliptical afterwards. :)
Sunday: Cardio + total body lift. I will do a combination of ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuits 1 and 2.

The change in weekend plans also got me behind on grocery shopping, but luckily I had "dollar sushi" at Ko Fusion last night (SO GOOD!), and had an Amy's lunch plus green beans to bring to work today. :) Here's the meal plan for the rest of the week:

Lunches:
Turkey burgers on salad with chips or popcorn
Tuna and hard-boiled eggs on salad with chips or popcorn
Leftover chili

Snacks:
Wholly guacamole
Popcorn
Shakeology
Apples
 
Dinners:
Chili with Quorn grounds
Baked tilapia alfredo with green beans
Tacos with Quorn grounds (I'll eat mine as taco salad.)

Whew! This was a long one! I am feeling pretty excited for this week's plan! I'd love to hear yours as well! Write it down, schedule it, and stick to it! :)

Happy Sweating!
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment