Sunday, January 27, 2013

Willpower...

Happy Sunday, my friends! Like most muscles, willpower is something I find gets stronger with practice! I exercised mine this past Friday when a coworker brought donuts to work. I'm not usually too tempted by sweets, but dang, it was SO hard this week! But I did it! Did not eat a single donut. Go me!

Saturday, however, I made M&Ms cookies.. WHY, o why did I do that? Ate too many of them... so much for willpower. *sigh*

BUT! Today I refrained from eating anymore cookies, and resisted the temptation. Woo!

How did you do this week on the nutrition and exercise front? I stayed in my calorie budget most everyday, and did well with my workouts as well! Here's my recap!

Monday was Turbo! We had a super fun group, and pushed hard for 45 minutes. Burned a bajillion calories! It was awesome!

Tuesday was my rest day this week because I had a trial in Wayne County, which is about 2.5 hours away. I was gone from 6 in the morning til about 6:45 that night. And, after the day I had, I just needed some wine, some water, and my bed.

Wednesday I did PiYo at the Y. Since I had rested on Tuesday, I was really able to push hard! We did 2094385729348572348 pushups, plus planks, squats, lunges, and more! It was a great workout, and a great energetic group!

I wore my organic cotton WunderUnders and my pretty pink No Limits Tank.
 
Thursday I hurried home from work and did ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 2. This workout focuses on shoulders, which used to be my weak area, but PiYo has really made them stronger! Makes me feel good to go up in my weights!
Right after lifting, I taught Turbo at Refinery. We got started late due to some studio confusion, but it was an amazing fun group. They were energetic, and kept me going! NO time to be tired! :) 

I wore my pink shell Chase Me skirt (LOVE. IT!) and my discovery stripe Scoop Tank!
 
Friday I rested again.
Saturday was PiYo at the Y! It was SO hard to wake up, but I'm always glad I did once I get there. Good thing I'm the instructor, so I can't wimp out! :) As usual, another great workout! My legs were like noodles afterwards! 

I wore my pinstripe Clam Diggers, a white Flow Y bra, and a black Deep Breath Tank. 
 
Today, Sunday, I went to a RIPPED class at Refinery. I LOVE taking a class sometimes! It's such a treat as an instructor! I had some trouble with my asthma (BOO!) but once I used my inhaler (should've done that before I started), I was fine. Great workout with great friends! :)
 
I wore my indigo quiet stripe Speed Shorts, and my pink shell Cool Racer Back (and shoes, I promise!)
 
I made lasagna tonight! I make it from scratch, even the sauce. It tastes sooo decadent and rich, but really isn't too bad on the calorie-front. A GINORMOUS serving has about 400 calories. Definitely worth every one! I also use no-boil lasagna noodles, which are so easy, and thin, so helps keep it a little lighter. 

Doesn't that look DELISH?! This is HALF the recipe-- it makes enough to feed a small army. :)
 
SO! Here is my workout plan for next week!
Monday: ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 3 i the morning (if I can get to bed in time tonight!) and TURBO at Refinery 6pm!

Tuesday: Run or TurboFire HIIT in the morning (temps are supposed to be super warm, so fingers crossed it's not raining at 5:30am!) and PiYo at Refinery, 5:30pm!

Wednesday: POSSIBLE ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 1 (depending on how tired I am/how my body feels) and PiYo at the Y, 6:40pm!

Thursday: TurboFire HIIT at 5:30am.

Friday: Rest.
 
Saturday: PiYo at the Y, 8am.
 
Sunday: TBA-- I will do some combination of cardio and strength training. Possibly RIPPED, run, ChaLEAN Extreme, BodyPump, WE SHALL SEE!)
 
And here is my meal plan for next week!
Dinners:
  • Leftover lasagna and salad with  homemade ranch dressing.
  • Turkey burgers, frozen fries, and salad.
  • Baked alfredo tilapia and green beans.
  • Grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Lunches:
  • Amy's frozen burrito and tortilla chips.
  • Amy's veggie lasagna (lots of lasagna this week, HA!)
  • Turkey burgers with green beans or salad.
  • Turkey sandwich on whole wheat.
 
I am still working to limit myself to one cheat day, rather than the whole weekend. I did MUCH better this weekend, especially today. I had my Shakeology today, which always helps, and no sweets. Exercising my willpower and doing better each week! You can do it too, friends!
 
CHEERS to the week ahead-- make it a good one!!
 
XOXO,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. I NEED this lasagna recipe! Or I need you to make it for me :)

    ReplyDelete