Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekly Recap and Plan!

Happy Sunday, friends! This was a short work week, and due to a villainous cold, also a short workout week, but here's what I did!

Monday was New Year's Eve. I was still recovering from the cold, and I spent the day shopping, then New Year's Eve-ing with the fam, so, no workout for me.

Tuesday (HAPPY NEW YEAR!) I felt much better, but I slept til noon (NOON!) so I credit it to that. I took it easy, and again, no workout.

Wednesday was my first day back in the game! I was so excited to start a new PiYo Lesson-- Lesson 24. (See previous post for my playlist!) This Lesson did not disappoint. Holy. Crap. It. Was. Hard. I was sore for three days afterwards! I love it, though-- "When you're having fun, you don't mind working hard!"

I wore my new Gather and Crow crops, and shell pink Cool Racerback. 
Thursday I got up at 5:15 to do some cardio. I did TurboFire HIIT 20 (my fave!) and then had my coffee and toast reward. (Note: My legs were so sore from Wednesday's PiYo, that this HIIT was 1000x harder than usual!)

Friday (still sore!) I rested

Saturday was the Winter Group Fitness Schedule Launch at the Y! Colleen and I taught a combination of PiYo Lessons. Wowza! It was cardio, it was strength, it was flexibility, it was awesome!!! So much fun. :)


I wore my Zella capris and my new gray and polar cream Free to Be tank!

Today I was excited to test out my new cold-weather running gear! I ran almost 3 miles, and then came home and did ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 1. I had not really lifted heavy for MONTHS, so my arms are like noodles now. Washing my hair was a challenge, ha! I am sure I will be feeling that tomorrow! (You know I love it!)  I love this workout because it's intense, and it's short-- 30-40 minutes, and I'm done! If you're looking for a versatile weight-lifting program, I highly recommend this one. 

For my run, I wore my Ice Queen Pants and my Toasty Tech Pullover over a pink Long Sleeve Swiftly. My legs were slightly cold when I first started, but I warmed up after a few minutes, and then felt great! 
  
Tomorrow is the first day of my winter teaching schedule, so that means new (and better!) workout plans for me! Here's the workout plan:

Monday:  TURBO! at Refinery, 6pm
Tuesday: 2-3 mile run in the morning (depends how early I can drag myself up) and PiYo at Refinery, 5:30pm (Launching Lesson 24! COME!)
Wednesday: TurboFire HIIT in the morning, and PiYo at the Y, 6:40pm. (Let's feel the burn again!!)
Thursday: ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 2 in the morning (this will be interesting, as I can't eat breakfast before I workout...) and Turbo at Refinery, 6:30pm. (Team teaching with Secily! You don't wanna miss this!)
Friday: Rest.
Saturday: PiYo at the Y, 8am (Great way to start your weekend! Come!) and possibly some cardio, a run or TurboFire.
Sunday: 3 mile run, and ChaLEAN Extreme Push Circuit 3.

This schedule is a little ambitious, so I'm leaving some flexibility. If I need to, I can eliminate one of the morning workouts and bump it to Saturday. Stay tuned! :)

So happy to get back on a regular eating plan as well! Here's what I have planned for dinners this week:
  • Baked alfredo tilapia with rice pilaf and steamed veggies
  • Turkey burgers with baked fries and salad
  • Breakfast for dinner-- scrambled eggs, hash browns, and Ezekiel toast
  • Baked spaghetti with garlic bread and salad
For lunches I got mostly my usual items:
  • Amy's frozen enchiladas
  • Amy's frozen Light and Lean lasagna
  • Evol chicken and lime burrito
  • Turkey burger? 
  • Jimmy Johns? 
  • Leftovers?
I am looking forward to the week ahead! Tell me, what workouts do YOU have planned for the week? Share, and we'll hold each other accountable!

Happy New Year, friends!
Cheers!
Julie
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment