Sunday, December 2, 2012

Enjoy Your Workouts + Weekly Recap

Happy Sunday, friends! Did you have a good week? Mine felt SUPER long, but otherwise was good! I think with Christmas vacation approaching, I'm just counting down the days! I got my workouts in, and did well on my calorie intake, too! Here's my recap!

Monday: see previous post. :)

Tuesday I did PiYo at the Refinery! We had a big class, and worked really hard! I mixed up the sections to keep our muscles guessing. I put a Power track in the middle of the Lesson, to really pump up the calorie burn. (Power track works the 'power' muscles, legs, butt, chest, etc. It also gets the heart rate up!) Lots of burpees, yes please! :)

I wore my black No Limits Tank and my heathered black Wunder Unders!
 
Wednesday morning I was planning to get up and do a TurboFire HIIT, but I didn't sleep well Tuesday night, so I didn't get up. I did get the HIIT workout in before PiYo at the Y, though! I did HIIT 20 and it felt great! Sipped some Results and Recovery Formula, which I finished after PiYo to help my poor sore muscles recover! Great workout day!
 
Thursday I ran with Jana during our lunch break at work. We ran 2.5 miles, and she pushed me a little faster than I normally would run. It felt great! 
 
Thursday evening we had a spontaneous extra date night. 
 
 I wore one of my fave cool-weather outfits! Sweaterdress, leggings (Wunder Unders!) and Ugg boots.

Friday I rested. :)

Saturday was double PiYo day! I did the same thing as Tuesday for both classes, and put a Power track in the middle of the Lesson. Power followed by Flow is cuh-razy hard! My legs were shaking, and my arms felt like noodles! 

I wore my new Pow Pink No Limits Tank, and my black Zella capris. :)
 
Saturday night Rowan and I had date night, since he was sick and didn't feel like going out on Friday. We went out for sushi and cupcakes. :)
We love sushi!
 
Today I am going to run 4 miles with my friend Katie! It's 62 degrees in December! Perfect for running! 
I'm wearing my indigo stripe run: speed shorts, my silver gray Power Y, and my blush quartz Swiftly Long Sleeve. This is my fave running outfit-- shorts and long sleeves. :)
 
I stuck to the meal plan I posted last week, except for Thursday. Thursday night we ended up going out, and I had planned to get a salad, but ended up eating a tuna melt and fries instead. Oops. Other than that, stayed under calorie budget, and had my Shakeology for added nutrition! 
 
Workout plan for next week:

Monday: Turbo
Tuesday: Run 2-3 miles (maybe), PiYo at Refinery
Wednesday: TurboFire HIIT 30, PiYo at the Y
Thursday: Run 3 miles or spin
Friday: rest
Saturday: PiYo x2!
Sunday: Run, RIPPED, or TurboFire!
Meal Plan:

  • Pot Pies with Salad and Homemade Ranch (only 20 cals per Tbs!!!)
  • Quorn "chicken" nuggets with mashed potatoes and broccoli
  • Breakfast for dinner (scrambled eggs, baked hashbrowns, toast)
  • Chili with cornbread (I make amazing meatless chili!)

For lunches I have some lunch meat, salad with salmon, and an evol burrito. I'll mix and match these for whatever I feel like each day. :)

All in all, I've been good about sticking to my calorie budget, and workout plans. I think the past couple weeks have proved my theory that you need to enjoy your workouts! We all have days where we "don't wanna," but you shouldn't be dreading every workout. I think last week, I looked forward to and enjoyed every single workout. If you're having fun, you don't mind working  hard! :)

 If you're still dreading, keep trying new things til you fall in love with your workout! If you need help finding your soulmate, let me know! I'm chock full of good ideas! :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends, and have a wonderful Monday!

Cheers!
xoxo
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment