Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Keep a Journal!

The best advice I can give you for weight management is to WRITE. DOWN. EVERY. BITE. I do this whether I'm trying to lose weight or just maintain. It will be a pain in the butt at first, yes. But it works, I promise! And after awhile, it becomes 2nd nature, and you won't even have to think about it anymore. Write down everything, and when in doubt, round up!

Think about this: Going over your daily maintenance calories by just 70 calories per day leads to a 10-pound weight gain over the course of a year. YIKES!

I use an app on my phone that lets me enter what I ate, and how many calories it was, then it keeps track of the total for me. There are websites galore to help you compute calories, even when you eat out! My faves are www.sparkrecipes.com and www.livestrong.com. Google is also your friend.

Happy counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment